CNC Machinist – Weekend Shift
A global company with a tight knit, encouraging atmosphere, Wanner Engineering offers an outstanding opportunity for professional learning, personal growth, and career advancement. At its start-up nearly 50 years ago, Wanner Engineering broke boundaries for technological innovation and continues to progress because of our commitment to an entrepreneurial spirit.
As a CNC Machinist, you will create parts using a variety of mills, lathes, and other machines to build pumps that are used worldwide that people depend on for water, sanitation, food, oil, and so much more! This is an experienced level position where you will be able to use your expertise and think outside the box and strive for perfection beyond making a part to print!
Our week shift positions are Friday – Sunday, 12 hours a day
What you’ll do:
- Plan machining by studying setup sheets, blueprints, materials inspection gauging, interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Set tool registers, offsets, compensation and calculation requirements
- Set up mills and lathes by following set up sheets
- Load machines by lifting stock into position and verifying first-run parts.
- Maintain part quality by replacing worn tools and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements to ensure machines run at optimal levels
What you bring:
- 20+ years experience working with lathe, mill, and/or swiss machining equipment
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and implement process improvements
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Reliable, and predictable attendance
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment is beneficial but not required
- Good communication skills and ability to work within cross functional teams
The perks we offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Quarterly bonus program
- Flexible scheduling
- Relaxed and fun work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
Want to be considered:
Email your resume to email@example.com
Wanner Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Wanner engineering is a dynamic, growing company based in Minneapolis that designs, produces, and distributes industrial pumps and fluid handling equipment. We maintain an entrepreneurial environment where innovation and creativity are supported and rewarded. Due to substantial growth, we are recruiting talented engineers to support new product development and expansion into new markets. Our customers are spread across numerous industries including: machine tools, lawn care, pest control, car wash, oil & gas, petroleum, mining, municipal water treatment, and reverse osmosis. Our products are sold through a combination of direct OEM business as well as an extensive distributor network including offices in London, England and Hong Kong, Shanghai, China, and Sao Paulo, Brazil. For more information, visit our web site at www.hydra-cell.com.