Meeting the performance criteria of API675, the Hydra-Cell® metering pump offers linear, repeatable, accurate steady flow.
The compact Hydra-Cell® metering pumps give the advantages of large traditional hydraulic diaphragm pumps, but at a fraction of the initial cost, spare parts costs and energy costs.
For example, at a given flow and pressure, a traditional pump with a 15kW motor can be replaced with a Hydra-Cell® metering pump with a 5kW motor.
Flow rate is varied by speed control offering turndown ratios of 10 to 1 or better.
We're in your industry - Please contact us for help!
- Chemical injection
- Water treatment - PH control
- Propellant packaging
- Injection of additives to oil
- Spray coating
- Gas conditioning
- Injection of lime slurries and ammonia into flue gases
- Steam temperature control with DI water
- Titanium dioxide
- Volatile fluids
- Foaming chemicals
- Lactic acid
- Animal fats
- Sugar solutions
- Soya oil
- Fish oil
- Sulphuric acid
- Nitric acid
- Fuel additives
- The flow rate of a Hydra-Cell® metering pump is constant, regardless of system pressure. The relationship between flow and pump speed is a straight line. Flow is easily controlled to within ±1% accuracy simply by controlling pump speed - with turndown ratios of 10:1 or better. Flow is steady, with little pulsation.
- The seal-less nature of the Hydra-Cell ® metering pumps enable charged and dirty liquids to be processed without need for fine filtration to protect the metering pump.
- The Hydra-Cell® metering pumps need little maintenance and can operate at continuous duty at high pressure.
- Pulsation is low, so dampeners may not be required for most Hydra-Cell® heavy duty pumps.
- Hydra-Cell® heavy duty pumps can handle solids up to 500 microns, or more. They can be pumped without fine filtration. System costs are reduced and maintenance is simplified.
- Most heavy duty pumps in the Hydra-Cell® pump range can operate at any pressure from <1 bar up to at least 70 bar. Some models up to 170 bar.
- Seal-less design distinguishes the Hydra-Cell® heavy duty pumps from other heavy duty pumps and is the basis of its long service life - many of the liquids pumped are harmful to pump seals. The Hydra-Cell® heavy duty pumps are tolerant of small solids, resistant to chemical and corrosive attack.
- Energy savings. Compact and highly efficient (80-85%), a Hydra-Cell® heavy duty pumps can be fitted with a smaller motor than would be required by many much bigger heavy duty pumps for equivalent flows and pressures.
(Published in Maintenance & Engineering, July 05)