POSITION TITLE: Senior Mechanical Designer
POSITION TYPE: Full time, exempt
Reports to: Hydra-Cell Metering Solutions Lead Engineer
This role will provide direct drafting and design support to the metering pump division of Hydra-Cell. The creation of component 3-D models, complex assemblies and detail drawings will be the primary job function.
- Create 3-D models, assemblies and support drafting and design functions. Ensure all Engineering documentation conforms to Wanner Engineering design practices and processes.
- Support the HCMS product line by creating and maintaining exploded views, isometric views and other CAD based data to aid in the development of technical publications and marketing literature.
- Become proficient at creating and ensuring completion of ECR/ECO’s through our internal processes.
- Become proficient in Wanner Engineering’s ERP system (SyteLine).
- Support the HCMS team by helping with pump testing and supporting manufacturing with assembly instructions, testing requirements and other support as required.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Drafting and Design or related field and a minimum of 5 years design and drafting experience.
- Background in fluid handling equipment preferred
- Proficient with SolidWorks and related programs (i.e. FEA, Flow Analysis, Sheet Metal)
- Proficient in the use of GD&T, detailed tolerance analysis, ASME/ANSI/ISO drafting standards and practices.
- Position requires a team player mentality
- The ability to manage multiple projects with challenging deadlines
- Strong communications skills a must.
- Individual must be a self-starter.
Please send applications with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanner engineering is a dynamic, growing company based in Minneapolis that designs, produces, and distributes industrial pumps and fluid handling equipment. We maintain an entrepreneurial environment where innovation and creativity are supported and rewarded. Due to substantial growth, we are recruiting talented engineers to support new product development and expansion into new markets. Our customers are spread across numerous industries including: machine tools, lawn care, pest control, car wash, oil & gas, petroleum, mining, municipal water treatment, and reverse osmosis. Our products are sold through a combination of direct OEM business as well as an extensive distributor network including offices in London, England and Hong Kong, Shanghai, China, and Sao Paulo, Brazil. For more information, visit our web site at www.hydra-cell.com.