POSITION TITLE: Machinist – Tool Room
POSITION TYPE: Full time, exempt
Reports to: VP – Engineering
This position will provide direct machining and prototyping support for the Hydra-Cell line of industrial pumps. Works with both manufacturing and engineering to provide tools and fixtures.
Provide expert specialty machining support to engineering and shop floor for prototypes, rework, and tooling/fixturing for production manufacturing:
- Program and operate a Dainichi Lathe and a Haas ST35 lathe
- Run manual machine tools (Bridgeport mill and Monarch lathe, grinders, Do-All bandsaw)
- Work with hand tools as needed to complete projects
- Discuss projects with engineering and machine shop employees
- Education: Certificate of degree in machining technology or similar.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ experience working with machine tools in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and respond to changing priorities as urgent needs arise
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment beneficial
- Experienced at working with GD&T drawings and engineering standards
Please send applications with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanner engineering is a dynamic, growing company based in Minneapolis that designs, produces, and distributes industrial pumps and fluid handling equipment. We maintain an entrepreneurial environment where innovation and creativity are supported and rewarded. Due to substantial growth, we are recruiting talented engineers to support new product development and expansion into new markets. Our customers are spread across numerous industries including: machine tools, lawn care, pest control, car wash, oil & gas, petroleum, mining, municipal water treatment, and reverse osmosis. Our products are sold through a combination of direct OEM business as well as an extensive distributor network including offices in London, England and Hong Kong, Shanghai, China, and Sao Paulo, Brazil. For more information, visit our web site at www.hydra-cell.com.